Services and information
- Know yourself
Narrow down who you are and what you want from life before planning a post-secondary direction.
- Explore possibilities
Find out how your goals in life match career options and adult learning at Alberta post-secondary institutions.
- Choose a direction
Research career and adult learning program options to decide which is best for you.
- Make it happen
Apply for post-secondary learning options and explore student supports, such as financial assistance.
Get information about adult learning opportunities in Alberta.
Your learning path
The steps in this section guide you through developing a learner pathway. Your learner pathway starts where you are now, and guides you through the steps you can take to become the person you want to be.
Your pathway is unique to you, and will grow and change as you learn. You may start with a specific learning goal, only to find out partway through getting there that you want to explore something else.
Alberta’s adult learning system is designed to help you make changes to your learning path without having to start from scratch. Credits you’ve already earned may be transferable to a new program, saving you valuable time and money.
The first step in building your learner pathway is figuring out which opportunities are best for you.
For more information
Use these free planning resources:
- CAREERinsite gives you career planning tools and assessments
- Learning Clicks provides student experiences in Alberta, including their tips for success
- Alberta Learning Information Service (ALIS) hosts online tools and resources and can send you printed copies of planning resources
- EDinfo helps you explore adult learning providers and programs
- Study in Alberta provides planning information for international students
- Tradesecrets shares apprenticeship and industry training information