The Sport, Physical Activity and Recreation Branch (SPAR) offers both operating and project grants to eligible recreation and physical activity sector organizations.
These grants are essential to SPAR’s goal of making Albertans more active, more often through recreation and physical activity.
Funding is available through two streams: Operating and Project.
Eligibility will be restricted to current recipients of the Alberta Active Living and Organizational Support operating grant programs until the initial 3-year funding cycle ends in 2022.
SPAR manages 4 closed operating grant programs.
- Engagement Operating grant (EO)
- Engagement Operating Grant Application (PDF, 2.4 MB)
- Activity Specific Recreational Organizations Operating grant (ASRO)
- Leadership and Certification Operating grant (LCO)
- Leadership and Certification Operating Grant Application (PDF, 337 KB)
- Post-Secondary Partnership Operating grant (PSP)
- Post-Secondary Partnership Operating Grant Application (PDF, 418 KB)
We are not currently accepting applications for this grant stream.
Project Macro grant
The Macro grant supports projects up to $25,000 that foster cooperation, innovation and research.
Project Micro grant
The Micro grant supports projects up to $10,000 that are theme specific each grant cycle.
Other grant programs
Alberta Culture, Multiculturalism and Status of Women offers a number of grant programs for non-profit organizations in Alberta that support your project and operational costs.
Connect with the Sport, Physical Activity and Recreation Branch:
10055 106 Street
Edmonton, Alberta T5J 1G3