COVID-19: State of public health emergency declared. Mandatory measures are in effect.
- Online course requests for eligible students will continue to be made a priority, but may experience delays.
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, in-person training for ICS-200, ICS-300, and the Director of Emergency Management (DEM) Course has been placed on hold.
- A six-month extension was recently granted for Directors of Emergency Management to complete the prescribed courses, approved by the Managing Director of AEMA under the authority of Section 13(1) of the Local Authority Emergency Management Regulation.
The Municipal Elected Officials (MEO) course is designed to provide the local authority with background on emergency management principles, other key players in emergency management and the legislation that delegates legal responsibilities to the local authority in emergency situations.
This course is designed to be completed in 2 to 4 hours.
- MEO course outline (PDF, 136 KB)
To access free online courses, students must play a role in Alberta’s emergency management system and demonstrate that they are from the public sector, or from a non-government organization that is a member of the NGO council.
Students can enrol by sending an email to [email protected].
The email must include:
- first and last name of the student requesting the course
- place of employment (when possible please include an email signature from your organization)
- your role in Alberta's emergency management system
Enrolment requests take up to 5 business days to process.
If you are having difficulties registering or printing your certificate, contact:
Alberta Emergency Management Agency Training
Hours: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm (open Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)
Email: [email protected]