The Municipal Elected Officials (MEO) course is designed to provide the local authority with background on emergency management principles, other key players in emergency management and the legislation that delegates legal responsibilities to the local authority in emergency situations.
This course is designed to be completed in 2 to 4 hours.
- MEO course outline (PDF, 136 KB)
You must create an account to access online training through our Contact Learning Management System.
To create an account:
- Fill out the form on the Noverant training portal.
- Select training from the Alberta Emergency Management Agency.
- Select Municipal Elected Officials.
- Learn how to create a new account to logon to learning courses with the Alberta Emergency Management Agency. The system is called: Contact – Learning Management System.
Once your account is activated, you will be able to access the course you selected. It may take up to 3 business days for your account to be activated.
If you are having difficulties registering or printing your certificate, contact:
Alberta Emergency Management Agency Training
Hours: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm (open Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)