Emergency social services personnel help people that’ve been uprooted from their homes during a disaster. Evacuees often face a great deal of uncertainty and need compassion and support from communities. Emergency social services personnel help ensure a community’s response is meeting both the physical and emotional needs of evacuees.
The Emergency Social Services course is recommended for:
- community staff responsible for emergency social services programs
- municipal, First Nation and provincial emergency management personnel
The course takes an average of 6 to 8 hours to complete.
You must create an account to access online training through our Contact Learning Management System.
To create an account:
- Fill out the form on the Noverant training portal.
- Select training from the Alberta Emergency Management Agency.
- Select Emergency Social Services.
- Learn how to create a new account to logon to learning courses with the Alberta Emergency Management Agency. The system is called: Contact – Learning Management System.
Once your account is activated, you will be able to access the course you selected. It may take up to 3 business days for your account to be activated.
If you are having difficulties registering or printing your certificate, contact:
Alberta Emergency Management Agency Training
Hours: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm (open Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)
Connect with the Alberta Emergency Management Agency:
Alberta Emergency Management Agency
14515 122 Ave NW
Edmonton, Alberta T5L 2W4