Online course requests for eligible students will continue to be made a priority, but may experience delays.
For more information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Emergency social services personnel help people that’ve been uprooted from their homes during a disaster. Evacuees often face a great deal of uncertainty and need compassion and support from communities. Emergency social services personnel help ensure a community’s response is meeting both the physical and emotional needs of evacuees.
The Emergency Social Services course is recommended for:
- community staff responsible for emergency social services programs
- municipal, First Nation and provincial emergency management personnel
The course takes an average of 6 to 8 hours to complete.
To access free online courses, students must play a role in Alberta’s emergency management system and demonstrate that they are from the public sector, or from a non-government organization (NGO) that is a member of the NGO council.
Students can enrol by sending an email to [email protected].
The email must include:
- first and last name of the student requesting the course
- place of employment (when possible please include an email signature from your organization)
- your role in Alberta’s emergency management system
Enrolment requests take up to 5 business days to process.
If you are having difficulties registering or printing your certificate, contact:
Alberta Emergency Management Agency Training
Hours: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm (open Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)
Email: [email protected]
Connect with the Alberta Emergency Management Agency:
Alberta Emergency Management Agency
14515 122 Ave NW
Edmonton, Alberta T5L 2W4