- Online course requests for eligible students will continue to be made a priority, but may experience delays.
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, in-person training for ICS-200, ICS-300, and the Director of Emergency Management (DEM) Course has been placed on hold.
- A six-month extension was recently granted for Directors of Emergency Management to complete the prescribed courses, approved by the Managing Director of AEMA under the authority of Section 13(1) of the Local Authority Emergency Management Regulation.
The Basic Emergency Management (BEM) course is designed to provide background on emergency management principles, introduce key partners in emergency management and explain the implications of emergency management legislation.
This course is designed to be completed in 4 to 5 hours.
- BEM course outline (PDF, 137 KB)
To access free online courses, students must play a role in Alberta’s emergency management system and demonstrate that they are from the public sector, or from a non-government organization (NGO) that is a member of the NGO council.
Students can enrol by sending an email to [email protected].
The email must include:
- first and last name of the student requesting the course
- place of employment (when possible please include an email signature from your organization)
- your role in Alberta’s emergency management system
Enrolment requests take up to 5 business days to process.
If you are having difficulties registering or printing your certificate, contact:
Alberta Emergency Management Agency Training
Hours: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm (open Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)
Email: [email protected]
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.
You will not receive a reply. Submissions that include telephone numbers, addresses, or emails will be removed.