COVID-19 Updates: State of public health emergency declared.
The Basic Emergency Management (BEM) course is designed to provide:
- background on emergency management principles,
- introduce key partners in emergency management, and
- explain the implications of emergency management legislation.
This course is designed to be completed in 4 to 5 hours.
- BEM course outline (PDF, 137 KB)
To access free online courses, students must play a role in Alberta’s emergency management system and demonstrate that they are from the public sector, or from a non-government organization (NGO) that is a member of the NGO council.
Students can enrol by sending an email to [email protected].
The email must include:
- first and last name of the student requesting the course
- place of employment (when possible please include an email signature from your organization)
- your role in Alberta’s emergency management system
Enrolment requests take up to 5 business days to process.
If you are having difficulties registering or printing your certificate, contact:
Alberta Emergency Management Agency Training
Hours: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm (open Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)
Email: [email protected]
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.
You will not receive a reply. Submissions that include telephone numbers, addresses, or emails will be removed.