The Basic Emergency Management (BEM) course is designed to provide background on emergency management principles, introduce key partners in emergency management and explain the implications of emergency management legislation.
This course is designed to be completed in 4 to 5 hours.
- BEM course outline (PDF, 137 KB)
You must create an account to access online training through our Contact Learning Management System.
To create an account:
- Fill out the form on the Noverant training portal.
- Select training from the Alberta Emergency Management Agency.
- Select Basic Emergency Management.
- Learn how to create a new account to logon to learning courses with the Alberta Emergency Management Agency. The system is called: Contact – Learning Management System.
Once your account is activated, you will be able to access the course you selected. It may take up to 3 business days for your account to be activated.
If you are having difficulties registering or printing your certificate, contact:
Alberta Emergency Management Agency Training
Hours: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm (open Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)