COVID-19 Updates: State of public health emergency declared.

OHS Permits and certificates

Get a mining or non-mining blaster’s permit, or register your radiation equipment.

Services and information

Apply for government-issued mining certificates to handle, prepare, fire, handle misfires, and burn or destroy explosives.

In Alberta, any worker who handles, prepares, fires, burns or destroys an explosive must hold a valid government-approved permit.

Radiation equipment used in Alberta like X-ray equipment and high-powered lasers require a registration certificate.

Was this page helpful?

All fields are required unless otherwise indicated.

Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.

You will not receive a reply. Submissions that include telephone numbers, addresses, or emails will be removed.