Changes to occupational health and safety laws came into effect on June 1, 2018. The eLearning programs below have not been updated to reflect the current legislation.
System requirements and download instructions for viewing programs
These programs require Adobe Flash Player (version 10.1). Minimum recommended user system:
- Windows XP, Vista, or 7, 1-GHz (gigahertz) processor
- 512 MB of system memory (RAM)
- Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
To download an eLearning program:
- Right-click a link below, select “Save Target As”, and save the .exe file to your PC.
- Double-click “My Computer” and locate the .exe file you saved.
- Double-click the .exe file you saved, and unzip the files.
- Locate the directory of the unzipped files, and double-click the .exe file note below to start the program.
Backs and Bums: Applying Basic Ergonomics
Presents basic ergonomic concepts plus issues related to sitting and standing workstations, and lifting and handling loads.
- Download: Basic Ergonomics (11.5 MB)
Hazard Assessment and Control
Introduces employers and workers to the process for identification, assessment and control of hazards in the workplace.
- Download: Hazard Assessment (9.5 MB)
Recognizing Workplace Hazards
Recognizing Workplace Hazards – See it Again for the First Time helps workers and employers recognize, identify and control health and safety hazards in the workplace.
- Download: Workplace Hazards (14.5 MB)
To complement this eLearning program, a Hazard Assessment Tool (11 MB) has been developed. This tool is designed to help employers and organizations insert their own photographs of their specific workplace or worksite locations with questions for workers to review.
Hazard Assessment for Driving
Hazard Assessment for Driving complements the hazard assessment section of the Driving for Work: Developing Safe Practices for Employers and Workers document.
Noise and Hearing Protection
Focuses how noise can affect you and what you can do to manage noise at the workplace.
- Download: Hearing Protection (13.5 MB)
Shiftwork and Fatigue
Offers tips for workers and workplaces to help handle the impact of shift work.
- Download: Shiftwork (15 MB)
Working at Heights
Discusses the laws that apply to fall protection in Alberta, identification and controlling of fall hazards, and components of fall protection systems.
- Download: Working at Heights (13 MB)
Working Safely on Ice
Test your knowledge on various workplace health and safety topics. Learn how to better identify hazards on the job and how to control them.
Health and Safety for New Workers
My Health and Safety Questions follows a new worker as he begins his new job. Come learn with him.
Health and Safety Management Systems
Examines the basic elements of an effective health and safety management system for the workplace.
Occupational Health and Safety for Healthcare Workers
Basic principles of occupational health and safety in the healthcare industry and the requirements of OHS legislation.
Help us improve our ePrograms
Your feedback would be appreciated.
Please fill in this questionnaire to help us improve our eLearning programs. The estimated time to complete the survey is 5 minutes.