- Occupational Health and Safety Act (SA 2017 cO-2.1) – official online version (in effect June 1, 2018)
- Occupational Health and Safety Regulation – official online version (in effect June 1, 2018)
Official online version
- Occupational Health and Safety Code - official online version (current as of January 1, 2019)
OHS Code Explanation Guide
This multi-part guide explains OHS Code rules in plain, easy-to-understand language. Explanations in the guide help clarify the intent or application of each “rule” or “section” of the Code. Additional technical information and illustrations supplement the explanations. These rules apply to most workplaces and work situations in Alberta.
Create an account
CSA standards are referenced throughout OHS Code. You can sign up for a CSA online account to view those standards.
Related laws and resources
- Alberta Asbestos Abatement Manual
- Administrative Penalty (OHS Act) Regulation (AR 165/2013)
This regulation is made under section 40(1)(i.1) of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and specifies rules governing the administration of administrative penalties including notice, amount and time for payment.
- Farming and Ranching Exemption Regulation (AR 27/95)
This regulation is made for the purposes of section 1(s) of the Occupational Health and Safety Act to specify the farming and ranching operations that are excluded from the definition of "occupation" under the Act.
- Radiation legislation