Widening a portion of Northeast Stoney Trail will reduce congestion and improve safety of the Calgary Ring Road.
The Calgary Ring Road is part of a larger east-west trade corridor that will enhance markets in and out of Alberta, supporting economic diversification and sustained economic growth.
The final 4 construction projects are now underway:
- Southwest Calgary Ring Road (anticipated to open in 2021)
- West Calgary Ring Road (anticipated to open in 2024)
- The South Bow River Bridge project (anticipated to be completed in October 2023)
- Northeast Stoney Trail Widening (anticipated to open in Fall 2021)
- Widening will occur in the median between 1th Avenue SE and Airport Trail (96 Avenue NE) in both the northbound and southbound direction.
- Widening will also occur on the outside shoulder between 17th Avenue SE and 16th Avenue NE in the northbound direction.
- AECON Transportation West Ltd. Is the contractor on behalf of Alberta Transportation.
April 12 – 16, 2021
- Construction preparation, including the removal of cable barrier
Late April – September, 2021
- Widening work continues
- Work will continue 24 hours per day; 7 days per week, until complete.
- These working hours will allow the contractor to deliver the project as quickly as possible to reduce impacts to adjacent residences.
- All work is contained within the Transportation Utility Corridor, which is under the purview of the Province of Alberta.
For information about construction, please contact:
Email: [email protected]
For information about impacts to pedestrian pathways, please contact the City of Calgary by dialing 3-1-1.