COVID-19 Updates: Taking steps to return to normal.
Widening a portion of Northeast Stoney Trail will reduce congestion and improve safety of the Calgary Ring Road.
The Calgary Ring Road is part of a larger east-west trade corridor that will enhance markets in and out of Alberta, supporting economic diversification and sustained economic growth.
The final 4 construction projects are now underway:
- Southwest Calgary Ring Road (anticipated to open in 2021)
- West Calgary Ring Road (anticipated to open in 2024)
- The South Bow River Bridge project (anticipated to be completed in October 2023)
- Northeast Stoney Trail Widening (anticipated to open in Fall 2021)
- Widening will occur in the median between 17th Avenue SE and Airport Trail (96 Avenue NE) in both the northbound and southbound direction.
- Widening will also occur on the outside shoulder between 17th Avenue SE and 16th Avenue NE in the northbound direction.
- AECON Transportation West Ltd. Is the contractor on behalf of Alberta Transportation.
End of July 2021
- Widening complete
March to July 2021
- Widening work continues
- Construction preparation, including the removal of cable barrier
- Work will continue 24 hours per day; 7 days per week, until complete.
- These working hours will allow the contractor to deliver the project as quickly as possible to reduce impacts to adjacent residences.
- All work is contained within the Transportation Utility Corridor, which is under the purview of the Province of Alberta.
For information about construction, please contact:
Email: [email protected]
For information about impacts to pedestrian pathways, please contact the City of Calgary by dialing 3-1-1.
Was this page helpful?
You will not receive a reply. Do not enter any personal information such as telephone numbers, addresses, or emails.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.