- New mandatory public health measures in effect April 6.
- Vaccines open now: Everyone 55+. Many 16+ with health conditions.
This engagement has been archived.
Ministry responsible: Environment and Parks
The North Central Native Trout Recovery Program is a fisheries management strategy aimed at protecting native trout populations in Alberta's north and central east slopes region.
Two online surveys asked Albertans about:
- proposed angling closures
- regulation changes to support native trout recovery
- preferred recreational fisheries management objectives for the cutthroat trout populations in the Ram River watershed
More than a 1000 anglers and outdoor enthusiasts across Alberta responded to the surveys. The survey results show that Albertans have a wide range of opinions on to the proposed regulation changes in the Ram River.
It is clear that additional consultation is required for the Alberta government to better understand the needs and desires of anglers for the introduced, that is, stocked and naturalized cutthroat trout fishery in this watershed.
North-central native trout survey – September 25 to October 10, 2017
Ram river watershed survey – October 26 to November 30, 2017