The Municipal Elected Officials (MEO) course is intended for local authorities to complete within 90 days of assuming office.
This course is designed to:
- provide background on emergency management principles
- introduce other key players in emergency management
- discuss the legislation that delegates legal responsibilities to the local authority in emergency situations
- Students must attend the full course to be issued a certificate of completion.
- This course has no pre-requisites, but Basic Emergency Management is recommended.
The Alberta Emergency Management Agency offers this course in-class and online.
- The in-class course is designed to be completed in 3 to 5 hours.
- The self-directed online course is designed to be completed in 2 to 4 hours.
For more information about this course, see the MEO course outline (PDF, 136 KB).
How to enrol
Connect with Alberta Emergency Management Agency Training:
Hours: 8:15 am to 4:30 pm (open Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)
Email: [email protected]
Was this page helpful?
You will NOT receive a reply on your feedback. Do NOT include personal information. To get answers to questions, use Alberta Connects.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.