As part of Community Grant’s commitment to continuous improvement, the Multiculturalism, Indigenous and Inclusion program (MIIG) is currently under review. Updated program information will be available once the review is complete.
Projects must be completed and accounted for within 18 months from the date the grant payment is received.
Project scope and financial reporting must be completed using the Final Accountability Report (DOCX, 93 KB) and submitted to program staff within the periods specified in the guidelines unless an extension of the reporting date has been approved. Additional accounting requirements are outlined in the program guidelines (PDF, 288 KB).
To assist organizations with planning their projects the following resources are available:
- Alberta Human Rights Commission
- Coalitions Creating Equity (5 Alberta locations)
- AUMA Welcoming and Inclusive Communities
- Supporting Indigenous Sharing Network (Calgary and Lethbridge)
- Universities Canada
- Canadian Multicultural Education Foundation
- Canadian Race Relations Foundation
- Canadian Cultural Mosaic Foundation (Calgary)
- Alberta Association for Multicultural Education
- Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion
- Pathways to Change: Facilitating the full civic engagement of diversity groups in Canadian society (2007) (PDF, 584 KB)
- Truth and Reconciliation – Calls to Action
- UN Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples (PDF, 150 KB)
Financial Assistance Summary
The Financial Assistance Summary (PDF, 714 KB) lists approximately 40 organizations and their non-profit grant programs.
The document was updated in July 2019, however, grant details and information can change any time. Contact the sources you are interested in before making a request or application for funding.
Building Corporate Relationships Toolkit
The toolkit outlines a 5-step process that can help small and medium-sized non-profits build effective relationships with the corporate sector and other community partners.
- Building Corporate Relationships – A Toolkit for Nonprofits
- Tisser des liens avec les entreprises – Une boite à outils pour les organismes sans but lucratif
Connect with the Community Grants office:
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.