Student applications must be submitted by 1 pm (PT) on September 19, 2018.
Since 2010, Alberta has welcomed international student researchers to the province through the Mitacs Globalink Research Internship program.
These undergraduate students from around the world experience Alberta and Canada as a leading destination for research and innovation.
This program pairs top-ranked students with faculty at Albertan and Canadian universities for 12 weeks. Internships run from May to September.
- work with the faculty member on a research project of mutual interest
- develop their skills in professional development workshops
- learn from experts in their field
Faculty members benefit from:
- students' international perspectives and experience
- being able to evaluate potential graduate students
- sharing the wide range of Canadian research opportunities with students
Globalink research interns network with:
- government representatives
- business leaders
Globalink Mentors also help interns learn about life on campus and in Canada.
Eligibility requirements are posted on the Mitacs Globalink Research Internship website.
How to apply
Find out how to apply for a Mitacs Globalink Research Internship.
To connect with the International Education and Intergovernmental Coordination Branch:
Hours: 8:15 am to 4:30 pm (open Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)
Toll free: 310-0000 before the phone number (in Alberta)