Reports on road conditions, construction, major incidents and weather alerts that could affect travel on Alberta highways.
Safety, rules, regulations and permits for commercial transportation.
Information about driver's licences, practice knowledge tests, preparing for road tests and becoming a driver.
Financial assistance programs for municipal governments and organizations.
Information about Alberta’s transportation network.
Technical resources and specifications for transportation contractors.
Resources for businesses that want to bid on transportation construction tenders and contracts.
All road tests are conducted by government driver examiners as of March 1, 2019.
Wear your seatbelt and use child safety seats every time you get in your vehicle.
Commercial driver training
Learn about mandatory driver training, driver’s licence endorsements, and driver improvement courses for commercial drivers.
Commercial carrier pre-entry requirements
Enhanced requirements for new and existing commercial trucking companies come into effect in 2019.
Safe winter driving
When winter hits, snowplow operators work to keep Alberta’s highways clear and open to traffic. They're committed to maintaining safe winter driving conditions, but drivers have a role to play too. Learn more about safe winter driving.
The ministry consists of the Department of Transportation and the Alberta Transportation Safety Board (ATSB).
The department promotes a vital and diverse economy by:
- managing transportation safety
- supporting municipalities with public transportation and water/wastewater facilities
- expanding and enhancing a well-integrated transportation system and enabling market access
- preserving and developing the provincial highway network and water management infrastructure
- holds driver conduct hearings
- hears appeals of driver, vehicle, commercial carrier and railway safety decisions
- provides policy feedback and recommendations on Traffic Safety Act implementation and enforcement
- Annual reports
- Budget documents
- Business plans
- Ministry publications
- Provincial Construction Program
- Mar 15, 2019
The Government of Alberta will build a new bridge on Highway 3 over the Oldman River in Lethbridge.
- Mar 14, 2019
The Government of Alberta is expanding Deerfoot Trail to create jobs, ease congestion and reduce commute times.
- Mar 13, 2019
Now, more than ever, communities need help adapting to the frequent and intensifying weather events caused by climate change.