Research and innovation collaboration among businesses, government and universities to share resources, experts and ideas.
Connect with Alberta’s 12 international offices to pursue your international business goals.
Tax credit to encourage investment in non-traditional sectors with strong job-creation potential.
Tax credit to encourage manufacturing, processing and tourism infrastructure companies to make capital investment in Alberta.
Tax credit to help Alberta investors and businesses advance rural economic development and social impact initiatives in their communities.
Tax credit to support Alberta businesses engaged in developing interactive digital media products.
A one-stop government connection for foreign investors doing business in Alberta.
Resources are available to help community leaders, industry and business diversify and grow their regional economies.
Supports are available to help Alberta entrepreneurs and small businesses start, grow and succeed.
Get financial support for Alberta’s communities, regions and municipalities for initiatives that promote long-term economic growth.
We’re boosting high-tech training, adding new supports for digital media and bolstering tax credits to stimulate investment.
Encouraging research and innovation
We're connecting Alberta's innovators with the right partner to help them bring new technologies to market and position our province as a leader in research and innovation.
Building a resilient, robust and dynamic Alberta economy. The ministry ensures outcomes are achieved by:
- supporting businesses and private sector job creation
- enhancing access to capital for small and medium-sized
- coordinating and leveraging research and innovation to increase the commercialization of Alberta ideas and meet the needs of Albertans, from environmental stewardship to improved health outcomes
- facilitating export development and investment attraction from targeted international markets
- enhancing Alberta's national and international presence
- leading Alberta's negotiations on domestic and international trade agreements
- Dec 27, 2018
For the second year in a row, Alberta led the country in economic growth.
- Nov 26, 2018
The government is launching a trade challenge against Ontario over unfair liquor policies that prevent Alberta manufacturers from accessing the Ontario market.
- Nov 14, 2018
With pipeline delays now costing Canadians more than $80 million per day, Alberta is launching the next phase of the nationwide Keep Canada Working campaign.