Applications for the 2022/23 Minister’s Teacher Advisory Council are now open. The deadline to apply has been extended to August 15, 2022.
The Minister's Teacher Advisory Council (MTAC) is a forum for current, certificated K-12 teachers with a broad range of experiences and diverse views from across Alberta. Council members provide the Minister of Education with insights, suggestions and perspectives on key education topics.
The advisory council:
- offers diverse perspectives on key education priorities and emerging topics relevant to Alberta’s education system
- fosters open and respectful dialogue between the Minister of Education and Alberta teachers
- continues to build healthy and strong partnerships between Alberta teachers and the government
- enhances the government's ability to understand and serve the growth needs of schools and students in Alberta
Issues related to collective bargaining negotiations will not be discussed by the advisory council.
The advisory council consists of 40 teachers and is diverse in gender, geographical location, job functions and roles, and teaching experience to reflect Alberta schools and the communities they serve.
Each member is selected to serve one 10-month term aligned with the school year. Typically, the advisory council meets 4 times during a term. Meetings are held outside of work hours and are usually 5 to 6 hours in duration over 2 business days or a weekend.
Teachers in Alberta are able to apply online if they have attained an Alberta teaching certificate – interim or permanent
To apply for the advisory council:
- read the fact sheet carefully to understand the roles and responsibilities of members
- complete the online application package
The deadline to apply has been extended to August 15, 2022.
Alberta’s government is committed to diversity, inclusion and equity, and to a fair and unbiased recruitment and selection process.
After the application deadline, Alberta Education will review and evaluate the applications. Applicants who are selected to proceed to the interview stage will be contacted.
Connect with MTAC:
Email: [email protected]
Was this page helpful?
You will NOT receive a reply on your feedback. Do NOT include personal information. To get answers to questions, use Alberta Connects.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.