Scammers are sending emails claiming to be from the MEP:
- It will say something like you need to update your personal or banking information.
- Do not give out your personal or banking information.
- Do not click on any links in the email.
The MEP never asks clients for banking information or allows banking information to be updated:
- by email, or
- through MEP Accounts Online, or
- any way online, or
- any other way like text and instant message
If you see something suspicious or think you have been the target of a scam:
- report it to the police and to the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre or
- call 1-888-495-8501
MEP Accounts Online
Log in now
The Maintenance Enforcement Program (MEP) has updated its processes for contact info and arrears due to recent legislation amendments.
With the November 22, 2016 amendments to the Maintenance Enforcement Act, MEP has made changes to these processes:
To ensure MEP has up-to-date client information, all clients are required by law to inform us about any changes to their information:
- phone number
- email address
- employment (only payors of support)
- income and other financial information (only payors of support)
Stay of Enforcement on Arrears
In a dispute between the payor or recipient of support over unpaid amounts, the payor may apply to the court for a Stay of Enforcement – a court order that tells MEP to stop or postpone its collection of arrears.
Before the court grants a Stay of Enforcement, the payor must show them that:
- they tried to make a suitable payment arrangement with MEP
- there was a reason why a payment arrangement wasn’t made with MEP
Unless the court order directs otherwise, a Stay of Enforcement:
- only applies to the enforcement of arrears
- doesn’t apply to the enforcement of ongoing amounts due
- lasts 9 months
- doesn’t stop MEP from collecting lump sum or non-periodic payments owed to the payor, such as inheritances, lottery winnings and settlements
Connect with the Maintenance Enforcement Program.
Was this page helpful?
You will NOT receive a reply on your feedback. Do NOT include personal information. To get answers to questions, use Alberta Connects.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.