Book a meeting space
Request a space in the McDougall Centre for business meetings or events.
Not-for-profit organizations can book meeting rooms at McDougall Centre:
- rooms will be booked on a first-come, first-served basis
- all Government of Alberta business will take priority
- the rental of an individual room doesn’t allow for exclusive use of McDougall Centre; other events may occur at the same time
- meeting rooms can only be used by not-for-profit organizations
- not-for-profit organizations (excluding private or commercial ventures) must be registered under the Societies Act within the Province of Alberta
Types of functions
- McDougall Centre meeting rooms can be booked for business meetings, or events such as receptions or fundraisers
- these rooms aren’t available for private functions such as weddings, wedding receptions or birthday and retirement celebrations
- meeting rooms can be booked for Monday to Friday evenings (immediately following Alberta government hours of business)
Plan your visit
- find out about where we're located and how to get here
- applicants requesting facility use must send in a fully completed Facility Use Application form (0.03 MB)
2 Use of space
- use of the space by the Alberta government takes priority and could result in an applicant's approved event being rescheduled. Every effort will be made to accommodate an alternate date
- the space being requested can only be used for the purpose identified by the user on the Facility Use Application form
- change of purpose after application approval must be submitted in writing to Facility & Client Support for consideration
- a rental rate will be assessed to the applicant as outlined on the Facility Use Application form. A $100 deposit is due upon signing of the memorandum of agreement. The total amount is due 10 business days prior to the event
4 Food and beverages
- the user must use the on-site caterer, no exceptions
- catering arrangements will be made directly with the Meeting and Conference Facilities staff
- cancellations prior to 10 business days of the scheduled event will result in a full refund
- cancellations within 10 business days of the scheduled event will result in a refund of the amount paid minus the deposit
- should the event require rescheduling due to Government of Alberta priority and an alternate date can’t be agree upon, a full refund will be returned to the applicant
- rental rates include the use of the room booked
- the rental of a room doesn't allow for exclusive use of McDougall Centre; other events may occur at the same time
- all spaces include access to wireless internet and the use of a laptop
- catering is not included in the rates
- GST will be applied to all costs
How to request a meeting space
Please note that:
- applications must be received 4 weeks in advance of the requested facility use date
- use of the space by the Alberta government takes priority and could result in an applicant’s approved event being re-scheduled; every effort will be made to accommodate an alternate date
STEP 1. Read booking policies.
STEP 2. Review facility details and fees.
STEP 3. Complete the application form.
Download and print the Facility Use Application form (0.03 MB). Fill out and sign the form.
STEP 4. Collect supporting documents.
As part of the application you must include:
- proof of registration under the Societies Act within the Province of Alberta
- proof of liability insurance in the amount of $2,000,000
STEP 5. Submit your application.
Scan the completed form and supporting documents. Email your application files to:
Only email applications are accepted.
STEP 6. After you apply.
Upon approval of your application, we’ll send you a Memorandum of Agreement for signature and execution:
- please return the signed agreement with a $100 deposit
- only cheques are accepted, payable to ‘Government of Alberta’
- the total rental amount is due 10 business days prior to the event
For meeting space booking inquiries call:
403-297-5041 (Calgary and area)