Registered non-profit organizations can apply to book space for meetings and events such as receptions or fundraisers at McDougall Centre.
McDougall Centre is not available to host private functions such as weddings, wedding receptions, birthdays, retirement celebrations nor any other private gatherings. It is not available to the public for viewing.
Registered non-profit organizations wishing to book McDougall Centre must understand and agree:
- all Government of Alberta business will take priority;
- spaces will be booked on a first-come, first-served basis;
- rental of an individual space doesn’t allow for exclusive use of the venue; other events may occur at the same time.
- meeting rooms can only be used by not-for-profit organizations
- not-for-profit organizations (excluding private or commercial ventures) must be registered under the Societies Act within the Province of Alberta
- meeting rooms can be booked for Monday to Friday evenings between 4:30 pm and 11 pm (immediately following Alberta government hours of business)
The Application process for a non-profit organization to book space in Government House is outlined below in the following steps, with the following use of space caveats:
Use of space
- use of the space by the Government of Alberta takes priority and could result in an applicant’s approved event being rescheduled
- every effort will be made to accommodate an alternate date
- the space being requested can only be used for the purpose identified by the user on the Facility Use Application form
- all spaces include access to wireless internet and the use of a laptop for in-room presentation needs
- video and teleconferencing needs may not be available for virtual participation
- any change of purpose after application approval must be submitted in writing to the Director of Meeting and Conference Facilities for consideration and additional approval
- applicants requesting facility use must send in a fully completed Facility Use Application form (PDF, 319 KB) by email to EXC Client Support & Facilities ([email protected])
- applications must be received 4 weeks in advance of the requested facility use date
- once the application is completed, print and sign a hard copy. This hard copy can be scanned and submitted via email
The completed application form and its supporting insurance and registration documentation need to be individual electronic files such as PDFs but emailed together as one submission.
- ensure the scanned copy of the completed form is legible and the signature is clear
- supporting documentation will included proof of registration under the Societies Act within the Province of Alberta and proof of liability insurance in the amount of $2 million
Confirm the booking
Upon approval of your application, a Memorandum of Agreement will be sent to the contact on the application for signature and execution:
- return the signed agreement with a $100 deposit
- only cheques made payable to the ‘Government of Alberta’ are accepted
- the total rental fee is due 10 business days prior to the event date
- GST will be applied to all costs
|Facility spaces||Capacity||Seating||Rental rates|
|Main floor/Dining area||100||Movable||$400|
Food and beverages
- McDougall Centre has a contracted caterer and the applicant must use this caterer for food and beverages. No exceptions
- catering arrangements will be made directly with the government Meeting and Conference Facilities staff
- upon approval of a request for space, a booking coordinator for McDougall House will be in contact with the applicant to provide catering details and available menu options
- cancellations received prior to 10 business days of the scheduled event will result in a full refund
- cancellations received within 10 business days of the scheduled event will result in a refund of the amount paid minus the deposit
- should the event require rescheduling due to a Government of Alberta priority and an alternate date can’t be agreed upon, a full refund will be returned to the applicant
- the Director of Conference and Meeting Facilities will contact the applicant to discuss next steps, if an alternate date can't be agreed upon
For meeting space booking inquiries call:
Phone: 403-592-8175 (Calgary and area)
Was this page helpful?
You will not receive a reply. Do not enter any personal information such as telephone numbers, addresses, or emails.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.