The COVID-19 regional status map shows the:
- level of risk in each region
- rate of COVID-19 cases and the number of active cases
- additional health measures in place to control the spread and respond to outbreaks
Regions are defined by municipal boundaries. Each region is either:
- a municipal district or county
- a municipality of 10,000 or greater population: a city or town
- communities smaller than 10,000, including towns, First Nations reserves and Metis Settlements, are included in the surrounding municipal district
All regions must continue to follow Alberta’s public health measures and guidelines, regardless of classification.
Regions are classified as:
- Risk level requires enhanced public health measures to control spread
- Level informed by local context
- May require additional public health measures
- Has at least 10 active cases and more than 50 active cases per 100,000
- Low risk level
- Less than 50 active cases per 100,000
Sign up to be notified when your region moves to enhanced or watch status.
Enhanced - additional measures in place
Watch - above the threshold
Open - no additional measures.