- New mandatory public health measures in effect April 6.
- Get vaccinated: Everyone 55+. Many 16+ with health conditions. Walk-ins for AstraZeneca.
Road maintenance and construction vehicles can be used or parked on any portion of the road. You will be given adequate warning in advance of such a vehicle. You are required to obey all traffic control devices and the directions of flag persons.
Signs will be posted well before a construction zone warning you of a lane reduction, lane closure or workers ahead.
In the construction zones, motorists must observe the posted speed and obey the flag person. When workers are present, the fines for speeding in these areas will be doubled.
Stopping your vehicle safely for law enforcement
When a police officer is behind you, with the emergency lights flashing you are required to move to a safe location to allow the police vehicle to pass or to stop safely behind your vehicle.
On a 2-way roadway, carefully and legally stop your vehicle in a safe location at the right edge of the roadway.
On a 1-way roadway, carefully and legally stop your vehicle in a safe location at the nearest edge of the roadway.
Always ensure that there is enough room for the police vehicle to stop safely behind your vehicle.
When a police vehicle stops behind your vehicle, to ensure your safety and the safety of others in your vehicle, as well as the safety of the police officers, do the following:
- Remain calm. After you have stopped your vehicle, ensure your vehicle's transmission is in the PARK gear (automatic transmission) or NEUTRAL gear (manual-shift transmission). Apply the park brake.
- Remain in your vehicle. Locate and be prepared to provide your driver's license, vehicle registration and vehicle insurance.
- Wait for instructions from the police officer when he or she approaches your vehicle. Be cooperative. Provide the documents requested by the police officer.
- DO NOT move your vehicle until instructed by the police officer.