This free webinar series will address livestock producers feed concerns, and the first webinar will take place Thursday, July 4 at 7:30 pm.
Exploring Grazing Options for Dry Conditions will look at options to manage summer pasture, including the use of annual crops for alternative grazing or fall forage.
Grazing resources are at a premium due to the cool spring and dry conditions experienced in parts of the province. With low feed yard hay inventories and varied moisture levels across Alberta, livestock producers may be looking for alternative grazing for the summer to rest low productivity pastures or feed supplies for the winter.
Forage and livestock specialists at Alberta Agriculture and Forestry along with members of applied research and forage associations in the province will be hosting the series.
Other webinar dates and topics in this series will include:
- July 18 - Feeding economics
- August 1 - Cooperating with your cropping neighbours
- August 15 - Safely using hay lands for grazing
- August 29 - Debunking the myths of using alternate feeds
- September 12 - Effective culling and the economics of culling
- September 26 - Feed testing
- October 10 - Understanding your feed test results
- October 24 - Fall and winter feeding strategy
For more information about this webinar series, contact the Alberta Ag-Info Centre:
Hours: 8:15 am to 4:30 pm (open Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)
Toll free: 310-FARM (3276)