Application status: Open
Ministry responsible: Agriculture and Forestry
The Liquor Manufacturing Program supports growth in the liquor manufacturing sector in Alberta to help diversify the economy and create new jobs.
Liquor manufacturers in Alberta can apply for funding to help develop new products or processes and expand access to new markets.
The program will provide liquor manufacturers with grants on a cost-shared basis.
Applicants can receive up to $500,000 per fiscal year, for a maximum of $2,500,000 over the five-year program, to help fund up to:
- 50% of eligible non-capital expenses (e.g. marketing materials, product development expenses, label and package development costs, and product demonstration expenses)
- 25% of eligible capital expenses (e.g. processing equipment, lab equipment and engineering)
NOTE: Only purchases made after April 1 are eligible for reimbursement under the program.
This program is for Class E manufacturers from all alcohol sectors (breweries, cideries, wineries, distillers, meaderies and refreshment beverages) who are registered and actively operating in Alberta.
How to apply
Step 1. Review the terms and conditions and funding list
- Liquor Manufacturers Program: Terms and Conditions (PDF, 317 KB)
- Liquor Manufacturers Program: Funding List (PDF, 493 KB)
Step 2. Compete the application package
The application must be completed in full, and include any relevant supporting documents such as quotes, written proof to the satisfaction of the Minister that the Applicant has a Class E Manufacturer’s Licence or a Class E Small Manufacturer’s Licence, business plan, etc.
- Liquor Manufacturers Program: Application Form (DOCX, 94 KB)
Step 3. Submit the application package
Email the completed signed application and supporting documents to AF.LMP@gov.ab.ca.