- New mandatory public health measures in effect April 6.
- Many Albertans 16+ are now eligible to get vaccinated. Book your shot.
Conservation and reclamation are required for roadways, as defined in the Public Highways Act. Find guidance in the following:
- Disposal of Excess Soil Material from Roadways
C&R IL 00-10
- Environmental Protection Guidelines for Roadways
C&R IL 00-5
Find conservation and reclamation guidelines for transmission lines at:
Many railways were built before the legislation of conservation and reclamation requirements. They still must be reclaimed when a line is abandoned. Find the requirements at:
- Reclamation Criteria for Abandoned Railways
C&R IL 96-3
Other land activities
Some land activities may not have specific conservation and reclamation guidelines. Operators in those cases must contact Alberta Environment and Parks (AEP) for guidance (see contact information below).
Connect with the Land Management office at AEP for guidance on how to conserve and reclaim specified land activities:
Hours: 8:15 am to 4:30 pm (open Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)
Email: [email protected]