Bargaining Update is published regularly, providing a summary of key collective bargaining activities in Alberta and relevant jurisdictions. Each monthly edition provides statistics for the previous month.
There are more than 2 million Albertans employed, with approximately 450,000 covered by a union agreement. Of these, about 90% are under Alberta’s labour relations legislation and the remaining 10% under federal jurisdiction in the postal service, banks, railways and other nationally regulated industries.
The following in-depth information is available in each edition of the Bargaining Update:
- current, major negotiations underway in Alberta
- recent Alberta wage settlements
- quarterly private and public settlement trends
- latest Alberta Average Weekly Earnings data
- settlements and labour relations developments in other provinces/territories
- Consumer Price Index (CPI) inflation information
The settlement data reported in Bargaining Update is based on the collective agreement settlement information received by the Labour department’s Mediation Services unit.
Collective agreement wage charts
Monthly updates of wage details sorted by employer and classification in the following sectors:
- Boards, agencies and government services
- Educational services
- Health care and social assistance
Current Collective Bargaining Agreements (CBA)
Search current Alberta collective agreements in effect, arranged by employer and industry.
Examine a report of expired and expiring collective bargaining agreements in Alberta by calendar year and industry.
Legal work stoppages
Find incident reports of legal work stoppages (strikes and lockouts) in Alberta by calendar year including the start and end dates as well as the number of working days lost.
Alberta grievance arbitration awards
A monthly listing of grievance arbitration awards filed with Mediation Services. Awards can be searched by employer, union, arbitrator and date of decision. A brief explanation of the award is also provided.
This is a work in progress, working backwards from 2020 to 2006. New awards plus historical awards will be added each month.
Connect with Mediation Services:
Toll free: 310-0000 before the phone number (in Alberta)
Was this page helpful?
You will NOT receive a reply on your feedback. Do NOT include personal information. To get answers to questions, use Alberta Connects.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.