Bargaining Update is published regularly, providing a summary of key collective bargaining activities in Alberta and relevant jurisdictions. Each monthly edition provides statistics for the previous month.
There are more than 2 million Albertans employed, with approximately 450,000 covered by a union agreement. Of these, about 90% are under Alberta’s labour relations legislation and the remaining 10% under federal jurisdiction in the postal service, banks, railways and other nationally regulated industries.
The following in-depth information is available in each edition of the Bargaining Update:
- current, major negotiations underway in Alberta
- recent Alberta wage settlements
- quarterly private and public settlement trends
- latest Alberta Average Weekly Earnings data
- settlements and labour relations developments in other provinces / territories
- Consumer Price Index (CPI) inflation information
The settlement data reported in Bargaining Update is based on the collective agreement settlement information received by the Labour department’s Mediation Services unit.
Collective agreement wage charts
Monthly updates of wage details sorted by employer and classification in the following sectors:
- Boards, agencies and government services
- Educational services
- Health care and social assistance
Current Collective Bargaining Agreements (CBA)
Search current Alberta collective agreements in effect, arranged by employer and industry.
Examine a report of expiring collective bargaining agreements in Alberta by calendar year and industry.
Legal work stoppages
Find incident reports of legal work stoppages (strikes and lockouts) in Alberta by calendar year including the start and end dates as well as the number of working days lost.
To connect with Mediation Services: