Judges and justices of the peace

Apply to be a provincial judge, how to file complaints about the criminal justice system, and compensation commissions.

Services and information

If you feel you were not treated fairly during the criminal justice process, you can send a complaint to any of the organizations involved.

Directory of Court of Justice judges across Alberta.

An independent commission reviews the compensation of Alberta judges and applications judges and recommends changes to it every 4 years.

Every 4 years an independent Justices of the Peace Compensation Commission (JPCC) reviews compensation of Alberta’s justices of the peace.

Was this page helpful?

All fields are required unless otherwise indicated.

Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.