COVID-19 Updates: Protecting Albertans from the Omicron variant.
A 10-Year Tourism Strategy is being developed in partnership with Travel Alberta to grow Alberta’s tourism sector.
- The economic dashboard compiles Alberta’s most important indicators for business.
- The regional dashboard provides data on living, working, investing and doing business in Alberta’s diverse regions.
- Alberta Major Projects is an inventory of private and public sector projects in Alberta valued at $5 million or more.
- Access the latest tourism industry market information including research, data and statistics.
Leading efforts to grow Alberta’s economy by supporting Alberta’s entrepreneurs and job creators, attracting investment, growing trade, strengthening Alberta’s key sectors and ensuring Alberta has an innovative and competitive business environment by:
- overseeing the implementation of Alberta’s Recovery Plan
- supporting Alberta entrepreneurs, businesses and communities to drive growth and job creation
- attracting, retaining and expanding investment in Alberta
- enhancing trade and export development
- optimizing Alberta’s innovation system to support economic growth
- creating the conditions for growth and diversification of Alberta’s primary and emerging industries
Alberta’s budget is focused on protecting lives and livelihoods, investing in health care, preparing for recovery and spending responsibly.
We’re working with partners across the province to encourage economic growth, support the success of Alberta entrepreneurs and job creators, and promote the development of Alberta’s primary and emerging sectors.
- Jan 13, 2022
A new immigration pathway will attract tech-savvy newcomers from across the globe to help diversify Alberta’s economy and support the emerging tech industry.
- Jan 07, 2022
Minister of Jobs, Economy and Innovation Doug Schweitzer issued the following statement about the December 2021 Labour Force Survey:
- Dec 28, 2021
Alberta’s government is allowing eligible accommodation providers to keep the tourism levy amounts they collect from Oct. 1, 2021 to March 31, 2022.