- The economic dashboard compiles Alberta’s most important indicators for business.
- The regional dashboard provides data on living, working, investing and doing business in Alberta’s diverse regions.
- Alberta Major Projects is an inventory of private and public sector projects in Alberta valued at $5 million or more.
- Financial support for initiatives led by communities, regions and municipalities that promote economic growth.
Building a resilient, robust and dynamic Alberta economy. The ministry ensures outcomes are achieved by:
- supporting businesses and private sector job creators
- enhancing access to capital for small and medium-sized businesses
- supporting the development and sustainability of Alberta’s tourism industry
- coordinating and leveraging research and innovation to increase the commercialization of Alberta ideas and meet the needs of Albertans
- facilitating export development and investment attraction from targeted international markets and marketing Alberta as a world-class tourism destination
- enhancing Alberta's national and international presence
- leading Alberta's negotiations on international trade agreements
We’re working with partners across the province to encourage economic growth, support the success of Alberta entrepreneurs, and promote the development of Alberta’s tourism industry.
- Sep 18, 2020
Alberta’s government is supporting artificial intelligence and machine learning, with $9 million in funding for the Alberta Machine Intelligence Institute (Amii).
- Sep 17, 2020
Minister of Jobs, Economy and Innovation Doug Schweitzer and Minister of Culture, Multiculturalism and Status of Women Leela Sharon Aheer issued the following statement on the World Juniors 2021 and 2022 tournaments being played in Edmonton and Red Deer.
- Sep 17, 2020
A government-wide strategy will create jobs and drive investment and diversification in Alberta, while a new consultation will modernize intellectual property in the province.