- New mandatory public health measures in effect April 6.
- Get vaccinated: Everyone 40+. Many 16+ with health conditions. Walk-ins for AstraZeneca.
The Job Creation Tax Cut (Alberta Corporate Tax Amendment) Act reduced the tax burden on job creators.
The corporate tax rate was lowered from 12% to 8% as part of Alberta's Recovery Plan.
Alberta is now the most tax-competitive business jurisdiction and among the most attractive investment destinations in North America.
Alberta now has the lowest corporate tax rate in Canada:
- 12% in British Columbia
- 12% in Saskatchewan
- 12% in Manitoba
- 11.6% in Quebec
- 11.5% in Ontario
- 8% in Alberta
Alberta’s combined federal-provincial business tax rate is now lower than that of 44 U.S. states.
Learn more about Alberta’s corporate income tax.
- Alberta's Recovery Plan: Creating jobs, building, diversifying (June 29, 2020)
- Job creation tax cuts: Premier Kenney (June 28, 2019)
- Job creation bill gets Albertans back to work (May 28, 2019)