A total of $36 million over 3 years is available to support partnerships between First Nations and provincial school jurisdictions to help develop 3-year projects that focus on:
- Early Childhood Education in Primary Schools
- Student-centred supports
- Children and youth not in school
- Parent/caregiver engagement
- Indigenous languages
This program is to increase opportunities for First Nations to receive coordinated education programs and services that are responsive to their needs.
Funding is available to:
- individual First Nations in Alberta
- Tribal Councils
- First Nations education authorities
- provincial school jurisdictions with existing Education Service Agreements
- joint submissions from school authorities partnering with an individual First Nation
School jurisdictions applying for funding must have a letter of support from each First Nation with students attending their schools in order to receive funding support. Tribal Councils applying on behalf of a member First Nation also require a letter of support from the member they are representing.
Please contact the First Nations, Métis and Inuit Education Directorate Partnership Initiatives Branch for more information.
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.
You will not receive a reply. Submissions that include telephone numbers, addresses, or emails will be removed.