Keeping Alberta Affordable: Eligible seniors and families with children under 18 can apply for $600 affordability payments. Learn more and apply now
The IFNE grant program is no longer accepting applications. The application deadline for this grant was February 5, 2018, and work funded by the grants is currently underway. A total of $36 million over 3 years was provided to support partnerships between First Nations and provincial school jurisdictions to help develop 3-year projects that focused on:
- Early Childhood Education in Primary Schools
- Student-centred supports
- Children and youth not in school
- Parent/caregiver engagement
- Indigenous languages
This program focused on increasing opportunities for First Nations to receive coordinated education programs and services that were responsive to their needs.
Funding was available to:
- individual First Nations in Alberta
- Tribal Councils
- First Nations education authorities
- provincial school jurisdictions with existing Education Service Agreements
- joint submissions from school authorities partnering with an individual First Nation
School jurisdictions that applied for funding required a letter of support from each First Nation with students attending their schools in order to receive funding support. Tribal Councils that applied on behalf of a member First Nation also required a letter of support from the member they were representing.
Was this page helpful?
You will NOT receive a reply on your feedback. Do NOT include personal information. To get answers to questions, use Alberta Connects.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.