A total of $36 million over 3 years is available to support partnerships between First Nations and provincial school jurisdictions to help develop 3-year projects that focus on:
- Early Childhood Education in Primary Schools
- Student-centred supports
- Children and youth not in school
- Parent/caregiver engagement
- Indigenous languages
This program is to increase opportunities for First Nations to receive coordinated education programs and services that are responsive to their needs.
Funding is available to:
- individual First Nations in Alberta
- Tribal Councils
- First Nations education authorities
- provincial school jurisdictions with existing Education Service Agreements
- joint submissions from school authorities partnering with an individual First Nation
School jurisdictions applying for funding must have a letter of support from each First Nation with students attending their schools in order to receive funding support. Tribal Councils applying on behalf of a member First Nation also require a letter of support from the member they are representing.
Please contact the First Nations, Métis and Inuit Education Directorate Partnership Initiatives Branch for more information.