COVID-19 Updates: Taking steps to return to normal.
Alberta.ca uses line style icons based on universal symbols. These icons follow the Government of Alberta’s corporate identity which incorporate light text weights and plenty of negative space for a clean and modern look.
Examples can be found in Section 1.7 of the Visual Identity Manual.
Set user interface icons at a 2 px stroke and bounded within a 24 px square container.
In order to maintain consistent optical weight throughout the set, and relative to the fonts used, icons convert to outlines (fills) in order to scale properly. They may require repositioning and resizing before conversion to line up with text properly.
Theme related icons however, scale within a 48 px square container and may work with <h1> tags on top level pages.
Types of icons
- User interface icons – allows the user to manipulate navigation or wayfinding.
- Alert icons – used in messages, alert boxes and to inform the user.
- File type icons – describes inbrowser media and downloadable files.
- Social media icons – original brand format and positioned within the same container size as the icon set.
- Theme related icons – corresponds to ministry, service, program, or theme, and set at a larger container size.
Download the Icon set (ZIP, 35 KB)
Was this page helpful?
You will not receive a reply. Do not enter any personal information such as telephone numbers, addresses, or emails.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.