COVID-19 response: Hinton Training Centre booking requests and events
The Hinton Training Centre is limiting booking requests for the period of March 22 to July 4, 2020 to ensure delivery of essential services such as wildfire management training and workshops.
Events at the Centre will be permitted starting July 5th, 2020. All events scheduled at the Centre may be cancelled at any time to ensure the safety and health of workers and clients.
For more information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
The Hinton Training Centre (HTC) is located in the town of Hinton, approximately 80 kilometres east of Jasper town site located within Jasper National Park. The Centre features:
- training building and teaching facilities
- 2 residences with basic amenities and business services suites
- food and dining services
- gymnasium and fitness room
- museum and forestry archive
- research spaces, labs and offices
Organizations may enquire about booking. Government of Alberta forestry-related programs and events have priority.
Service animals are allowed in buildings. For more information about HTC facilities, guest services and policies, see: HTC Facilities and Information Guide (PDF, 1.6 MB).
To check in, go to Client Services located on the lower floor of the Training building.
- check in between 8:15 am and 9 pm
- if checking in after 4:30 pm, call 587-990-5766 or 780-223-3058 for assistance
- check out by 8 am
- check in times vary
- please refer to your course confirmation email for details
Connect with Client Services:
Hours: 8:15 am to 4:30 pm (Open Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)
Toll free: 310-0000 before the phone number (in Alberta)
After 4:30 pm phone: 587-990-5766 or 780-223-3058
Hinton Training Centre
1176 Switzer Drive
Hinton, Alberta T7V 1V3