- New mandatory public health measures in effect April 6.
- Get vaccinated: Everyone 55+. Many 16+ with health conditions. Walk-ins for AstraZeneca.
COVID-19 response: Hinton Training Centre booking requests and events
The Hinton Training Centre is limiting booking requests for the period of March 22 to July 4, 2020 to ensure delivery of essential services such as wildfire management training and workshops.
Events at the Centre will be permitted starting July 5th, 2020. All events scheduled at the Centre may be cancelled at any time to ensure the safety and health of workers and clients.
For more information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
The Government of Alberta designs, develops and delivers training for forest management professionals. Training products and activities include:
- courses in subjects such as timber scaling, Alberta vegetation inventory and forest health
- database administration for certification programs
- collaborative training development with third parties, post-secondary institutions and research organizations
For a list of forest management training courses see the Forest Management Courses at a Glance calendar (PDF, 55 KB).
To be eligible to attend forest management training at Hinton Training Centre (HTC), you must be either:
- a Forestry Division employee
- an employee or contractor working in a natural-resource-based industry required by legislation to conduct activities under a permit or certification administered by the Government of Alberta
- an employee or contractor sponsored by the Government of Alberta
- a youth employed on a seasonal basis with the Junior Forest Warden program
Government of Alberta employees and contractors
Government employees and contractors can register for training by contacting the nearest Forest Area Training Contact.
The centre offers a variety of online training courses.
|Forestry Division employees||For a list of courses and passcodes, see the wildfire management branch SharePoint site.|
|Employees of other government departments, provincial/territorial governments or the federal government||Request access to training by contacting the HTC online help desk.|
|Contractors (non-government)||To request access contact the provincial training contact representative closest to your business location to discuss sponsorship/approval to take.|
Connect with online assistance:
Hours: 8:15 am to 4:30 pm (Open Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)
General training questions: [email protected]
Questions for online courses: [email protected]