Keeping Alberta Affordable: Eligible seniors and families with children under 18 can apply for $600 affordability payments. Learn more and apply now
COVID-19 response: Hinton Training Centre booking requests and events
The Hinton Training Centre is limiting booking requests to ensure delivery of essential services such as wildfire management training and fire crew accommodations. Contact the Centre to assess availability for other events. These events will be conserved on a case-by-case basis to ensure that we are able to maintain the safety and health of all workers and clients onsite. For more information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
The Government of Alberta designs, develops and delivers training for forest management professionals. Training products and activities include:
- courses in subjects such as timber scaling, Alberta vegetation inventory and forest health
- database administration for certification programs
- collaborative training development with third parties, post-secondary institutions and research organizations
For a list of forest management training courses see the Forest Management Courses at a Glance calendar (PDF, 220 KB).
To be eligible to attend forest management training at Hinton Training Centre (HTC), you must be either:
- a Forestry Division employee
- an employee or contractor working in a natural-resource-based industry required by legislation to conduct activities under a permit or certification administered by the Government of Alberta
- an employee or contractor sponsored by the Government of Alberta
- a youth employed on a seasonal basis with the Junior Forest Warden program
Government of Alberta employees and contractors
Government employees and contractors can register for training by contacting the nearest Forest Area training contact.
The centre offers a variety of online training courses.
|Forestry Division employees||For a list of courses and passcodes, see the wildfire management branch SharePoint site.|
|Employees of other government departments, provincial/territorial governments or the federal government||Request access to training by contacting the HTC online help desk.|
|Contractors (non-government)||To request access contact the provincial training contact representative closest to your business location to discuss sponsorship/approval to take.|
Connect with online assistance:
Was this page helpful?
You will NOT receive a reply on your feedback. Do NOT include personal information. To get answers to questions, use Alberta Connects.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.