COVID-19 Updates: Taking steps to return to normal.
Public access to this facility is suspended until further notice.
For more information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Not-for-profit organizations can book meeting rooms and reception areas at Government House:
- spaces will be booked on a first-come, first-served basis
- all Government of Alberta business will take priority
- the rental of an individual space doesn’t allow for exclusive use of Government House; other events may occur at the same time
- meeting spaces can only be used by not-for-profit organizations
- not-for-profit organizations (excluding private or commercial ventures) must be registered under the Societies Act within the Province of Alberta
Types of functions
- Government House spaces can be booked for business meetings, or events such as receptions or fundraisers
- these spaces aren’t available for private functions such as weddings, wedding receptions or birthday and retirement celebrations
- spaces can be booked for Monday to Friday evenings (immediately following Alberta government hours of business)
Plan your visit
- find out about where we're located and how to get here
Step 1. Application
- applicants requesting facility use must send in a fully completed Facility Use Application form (340 KB)
Step 2. Use of space
- use of the space by the Alberta government takes priority and could result in an applicant’s approved event being rescheduled. Every effort will be made to accommodate an alternate date
- the space being requested can only be used for the purpose identified by the user on the Facility Use Application form
- change of purpose after application approval must be submitted in writing to: Director, Meeting and Conference Facilities for consideration
Step 3. Cost
- a rental rate will be assessed to the applicant as outlined on the Facility Use Application form. A $100 deposit is due upon signing of the memorandum of agreement. The total amount is due 10 business days prior to the event
Step 4. Food and beverages
- the user must use the on-site caterer, no exceptions
- catering arrangements will be made directly with the Meeting and Conference Facilities staff
Step 5. Cancellation
- cancellations prior to 10 business days of the scheduled event will result in a full refund
- cancellations within 10 business days of the scheduled event will result in a refund of the amount paid minus the deposit
- should the event require rescheduling due to Government of Alberta priority and an alternate date can’t be agree upon, a full refund will be returned to the applicant
- rental rates include the use of the space booked
- the rental of a space doesn’t allow for exclusive use of Government House; other events may occur at the same time
- all spaces include access to wireless internet and the use of a laptop
- catering is not included in the rates
- GST will be applied to all costs
|Main Floor/Dining Area||100||Movable||$400|
How to request a meeting space
Please note that:
- applications must be received 4 weeks in advance of the requested facility use date
- use of the space by the Alberta government takes priority and could result in an applicant’s approved event being rescheduled; every effort will be made to accommodate an alternate date
Step 1. Read booking policies
Step 2. Review facility details and fees
Step 3. Complete the application form
Download and print the Facility Use Application form (340 KB). Fill out and sign the form.
Step 4. Collect supporting documents
As part of the application you must include:
- proof of registration under the Societies Act within the Province of Alberta
- proof of liability insurance in the amount of $2,000,000
Step 5. Submit your application
Only email applications are accepted. Scan the completed form and supporting documents. Email your application files to:
Step 6. After you apply
Upon approval of your application we’ll send you a Memorandum of Agreement for signature and execution:
- please return the signed agreement with a $100 deposit
- only cheques are accepted, payable to ‘Government of Alberta’
- the total rental amount is due 10 business days prior to the event
Was this page helpful?
You will not receive a reply. Do not enter any personal information such as telephone numbers, addresses, or emails.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.