This 1 day workshop takes place Tuesday, March 3, 2020 at the ATB Entrepreneur Centre in Edmonton.
Content for the day covers 3 themes - setting the stage, knowing your customer and getting started. Setting the stage includes an overview of the retail food market including key market drivers and market trends. Knowing your customer explores strategies for identifying that target market, building a customer base and growing the business. Getting started covers packaging, labelling and food safety regulations.
Participants will learn about:
- evaluating your business readiness
- connecting with retail food buyers and brokers
- presenting your product to food and grocery buyers
- retail distribution channels
- getting in and staying in the retail game
- making sure your product stands out
A retail food buyer and producers will share their experiences and insights on successfully getting into retail.
Register for Getting into Retail Deadline is February 25, 2020.
For more information about this workshop, connect with Cindy Cuthbert, project coordinator with Alberta Agriculture and Forestry:
For media inquiries about this article, call Alberta Agriculture and Forestry’s media line: