COVID-19 Updates: State of public health emergency declared.
A Class 4 driver's licence is required when the vehicle owner or operator, or the operator's employer, is being paid for the service that the vehicle is being used to provide.
A Class 4 driver's licence is NOT required when the vehicle owner or operator, or the operator's employer drives a private passenger vehicle for the transportation of passengers on an incidental or occasional basis and receives compensation for:
- payment for the kilometres travelled, or
- straight reimbursement for out-of-pocket expenses directly related to the transportation such as gas, parking, gate passes and tolls, or when the vehicle operator is party to an agreement to provide transportation for compensation only to:
- the operator’s family members
- members of the operator’s household
- persons for whom the operator is a legal guardian