Course delivery deadline: May 31, 2020
Reporting document deadline: June 30, 2020
The Fire Services Training Program (FSTP) provides funding to support:
- increased training availability for fire service personnel
- increasing the number of fire service personnel
- increasing the skills and capability of fire service personnel
Key outcomes of the program include:
- a greater capacity for Alberta communities to mitigate, prepare for, respond to and recover from fires
- giving local authorities and their fire departments the required competencies and skills for fire protection, prevention and emergency response
For more information, read the Fire Services Training Program: Program Guidelines document.
Eligible project costs
Eligible costs for projects and courses include, but are not limited to:
- fire services training, and
- innovative training programs.
Ineligible project costs include:
- capital or equipment purchases
- training carried out before the minister signs the Conditional Grant Agreement (CGA)
- Incident Command System courses
Reporting documents are due June 30, 2020.
Use the FSTP Reporting Document 2018/19 to help fill out your reporting requirements.
You will need to submit information that demonstrates:
- that the total grant received was used in accordance with the CGA including Schedule A of the package
- include all receipts/invoices
- a description of the training undertaken
- certification that the municipality or First Nation did not use any portion of the grant to carry out any training before the original CGA was signed by the Minister of Municipal Affairs
- that course(s) were completed by May 31, 2020 or by the completion date as stated in an amended CGA
If you have any questions about the program or these guidelines, contact the Grants Coordinator.
Trouble opening or completing PDF forms?
Fillable forms do not open properly on some mobile devices and web browsers. To fill in and save this form:
- Click on the PDF link to save it on your computer.
- Launch Adobe Reader.
- Open the PDF from within Adobe Reader. You can now fill and save your form.