24-hour help

Call 911 if you are in immediate need of emergency services.

Call Provincial Operations Centre 1-866-618-2362 for large-scale emergencies.

IFSAC and Pro Board certificates granted in 2019 will be available online.

Candidates who do not apply for certification within two years after their examination are at risk of losing their credentials.

Applying for a Certificate

Check with your training host before applying for certification. Training hosts often submit applications on behalf of their students.

Step 1 To apply for certification, candidates must:

  • have successfully completed the exam and practical skills within the last two years.
  • meet all the NFPA Certification Prerequisites.
  • meet the required medical qualifications.

Equivalencies are not accepted for certification.

Step 2 Collect ALL required documentation (e.g., official transcript from Lakeland College, clear copies of out-of-province IFSAC and Pro Board certificates, first aid wallet cards).

Certificates of completion or attendance will not be accepted as proof of testing.

Step 3 If you are an individual, complete the Application for Certification for Individuals.

If you are a training host, complete the Application for Certification for Training Hostsfor each candidate.

  • Submit applications through email.
  • Do not send a link to a file share site.
  • Attach all supporting documents to the email.
  • Incomplete applications will be declined.
  • If an application for certification is found to be fraudulent, the candidate may be refused any future certification.

All documentation submitted will not be returned.

Step 4 Applications will receive a confirmation email when they are approved or declined. If the application is approved, payment information will be sent along with instructions.

Our current processing time for certificate applications is 8 to 12 weeks.

Applying for a Replacement Certificate

If you have lost or misplaced IFSAC and/or Pro Board paper certificates issued by the Alberta OFC, you can request a replacement certificate by completing and submitting the Application for Certification for Individuals.