FarmSafe Alberta consists of a step-by-step manual that guides farmers through a process to develop a written health and safety system tailored to their individual business needs.
Read FarmSafe Alberta
- FarmSafe Alberta: A Safety Planning Guide for Farms and Ranches
- For print-ready files, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Management Leadership & Organizational Commitment
- Hazard Identification & Assessment
- Hazard Control
- Ongoing Inspections
- Qualifications, Orientation & Training
- Emergency Response
- Incident Investigation
- Program Administration
- FarmSafe Alberta Worksheets
Farmers, farm businesses and agricultural groups interested in FarmSafe Alberta can contact a farm safety specialist to discuss setting up a workshop for their team or in their community.
Farm Safety Specialist:
Blair Takahashi: email@example.com, Phone: 403-388-4030
Resources for current FarmSafe Alberta users
- FarmSafe SharePoint Access (login and password required)
For SharePoint assistance:
Blair Takahashi: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional options in farm safety planning
- Contact a Certifying Partner and inquire about their Health and Safety Management System training options.
- Download this Occupational Health and Safety Tool Kit for Small Business from WorkSafe Alberta.
- Download Farm Safety Planning to understand the importance of safe farm practices to you, your co-workers, friends and family.
- Research other planning guides and templates from across Canada. Please note that Occupational Health and Safety legislation is provincially regulated. Be sure the plan or template you choose is appropriate for Alberta.
Additional online farm safety resources
- Common Farm Safety Standard Operating Practices
- Farm safety
- A Farm Employer's Guide to Employee Orientation and Training
- Planning a Farm Safety Initiative
- Sharps Injury Prevention
- Safe Transportation of Farm Equipment in Alberta
- Farm fuel storage and handling
To connect with Alberta Farm Safety Program:
Toll free: 310-FARM (3276)