EMERGENCY: Alberta has declared a Public Health Emergency to protect the health care system from COVID-19. Indoor social gatherings are the top source of transmission. All indoor social gatherings have now been banned. This ban will be enforced with $1,000 fines. Learn more
The 2018 call for submissions is now closed. Successful applicants will be contacted when a decision has been reached. For more information, please contact the FCSP.
This Family and Community Safety Program (FCSP) provides grant funding to not-for-profit community organizations for projects that promote healthy relationships and prevent family and sexual violence in Alberta.
Eligible organizations can apply for one-time, one-year funding of up to $250,000 per project.
These organizations may apply:
- registered charities
- registered not-for-profit organizations
- schools or universities
- First Nations or Metis Settlements
- municipal governments
- community-based coalitions and networks
To be eligible, projects must implement or expand innovative, proven or promising practices that:
- prevent or address family and/or sexual violence
- develop and maintain healthy relationships
- prevent bullying
- support vulnerable communities
Projects must also align with one or more FCSP funding priorities and outcomes. Funding priorities include:
- addressing family and/or sexual violence, or promote healthy relationships and gender equality
- engaging men and boys in violence prevention
- increasing awareness and education of sexual violence, family violence and bullying
- expanding supports for diverse populations such as persons with disabilities, ethno-cultural, Indigenous and LGBTQ
- promoting positive parenting and early childhood development
- supporting trauma-informed training for front-line responders and professionals
- mentoring at-risk children and youth
- supporting vulnerable communities
- building community capacity to address family violence, sexual violence or promote healthy relationships
- implementing grassroots initiatives and projects that serve rural and remote communities
How to apply
Step 1. Review the criteria
Read the 2018 Family and Community Safety Program Grant Criteria (PDF, 145 KB) to understand:
- specific eligibility criteria
- how project funding must be used
- the supporting documentation that must be included
- reporting requirements
- how funding will be distributed
Contact the FCSP if you have questions.
Step 2. Complete the application
Trouble opening or completing PDF forms?
Fillable forms do not open properly on some mobile devices and web browsers. To fill in and save this form:
- Click on the PDF link to save it on your computer.
- Launch Adobe Reader.
- Open the PDF from within Adobe Reader. You can now fill and save your form.
Fill out one Family and Community Safety Program Funding Application (PDF, 282 KB) per project and include:
- a registration number for registered Canada Revenue Agency charities, or
- a business number for registered not-for-profit organizations, or
- either of the above from an eligible alternate fiscal agent
- budget information
- Letter(s) of Partnership from all strategic partners indicating their in-kind and monetary contributions
Make sure your application is signed by e-signature or pen by:
- a person with legal authority to sign on behalf of your organization
- the board treasurer or another person authorized to sign on behalf of the board
Step 3. Email the application package
Submit your application and supporting documents by 4:30 pm on November 30, 2018 to [email protected].
You will be notified your application was received within 48 hours. Contact FCSP if you do not get this response.
After you apply
- All FCSP grant applications are evaluated.
- Then one or more ministers review and approve successful applications.
- The FSCP will contact approved organizations and ask them to:
- sign a Conditional Grant Agreement so funds can be issued.
- provide any additional documentation detailing the project, if needed
- Approved organizations must implement, evaluate and report on their project by based on their grant agreement.
To connect with the Family and Community Safety Program: