COVID-19 Updates: State of public health emergency declared.
The program is currently open and accepting applications until March 1, 2021.
There are 2 intake deadlines:
- December 15, 2020
- March 1, 2021
The Faith-based and Cultural Facility Relaunch Grant supports faith-based and cultural organizations that:
- have a mandate which includes a religious, spiritual and ceremonial component
- operate facilities which are used for cultural, religious, spiritual and ceremonial gatherings
One-time reimbursement funding will help offset additional costs incurred by these organizations to meet the appropriate public health directives for Albertans during the COVID-19 crisis.
The program will enable organizations to:
- ensure these public spaces are available to the community
- ensure the safety of participants in the organization’s activities
- meet the appropriate public health directives
Qualifying faith-based and cultural organizations are eligible for this one-time reimbursement funding of up to $5,000 to help cover a portion of their restart costs.
The funding is for faith-based and cultural organizations that operate indoor facilities supporting frequent (once a week or more) community gatherings.
To be eligible, organizations must be registered (and in good standing) under one of these acts:
- provincial legislation:
- Religious Societies’ Land Act, Part 2*
- Part 21 of the Business Corporation Act – Extra-Provincial Corporations
- Companies Act, Part 9 (non-profit companies)
- Societies Act of Alberta
- Special Act of the Alberta Legislature
- federal legislation:
- Special Act of the Parliament of Canada
- registered charities under the Income Tax Act (and operating in the province of Alberta)
- First Nations and Metis Settlements
*An organization incorporated under the Religious Societies Land Act (Part 2), Part 2 denotes registration with Alberta Corporate Registries as an incorporated society.
For additional eligibility criteria see the Fact Sheet and Program Overview below.
How to apply
Step 1. Read the documentation
- Program Overview – Faith-based and Cultural Facility Relaunch Grant
- Fact Sheet – Faith-based and Cultural Facility Relaunch Grant
Step 2. Complete the application package
Fill out these documents:
Step 3. Submit the application package
Your completed application package must include:
- Application Form
- Expenses Claim Form
- Board of Directors listing
- Most recent financial statements
- Indigenous Governments must submit a Band Council Resolution (First Nations) or Council Resolution (Metis Settlement)
- Invoices/receipts for eligible expenditures
- Certificate of land title, valid lease, rental agreement or other documentation confirming the organization may operate and use the facility
Email your completed application package to our office: [email protected]
After you apply
During the review process, we may contact you for more information about your application.
Applicants will receive written notification of the decision regarding their application.
Notification dates are as follows:
- March 2021 (December 15, 2020 deadline)
- May 2021 (March 1, 2021 deadline)
Connect with the Community Grants office by:
Was this page helpful?
You will not receive a reply. Do not enter any personal information such as telephone numbers, addresses, or emails.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.