Approval and consultation
Cabinet approved Exploration Regulation (AR 284/2006) in November 2006. The associated directives were developed in consultation with stakeholders, including:
- Canadian Association of Geophysical Contractors
- Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers
- Small Explorers and Producers Association of Canada
Review the response to consultation and the Deputy Minister’s letter to stakeholders at Metallic and Industrial Minerals Exploration Regulation response to consultation.
Advantages of exploration directives
Exploration directives allow flexibility. They can be updated to address:
- changes in the department
- land management objectives
- changes in technology
- issues emerging from advances in the exploration industry
For information on exploration and external directives, see Lands Directives.