- Permits issued prior to January 1, 2018 will continue to be valid until the earlier of:
- January 1, 2019
- date of expiry stated on the permit
- Most permits are now called variances - aside from youth employment permits
- If permit holders want to apply for a variance, they’re encouraged to start the application process well in advance of the expiry of their permit
- Overtime banking extension permits are no longer issued.
- The banking period has been extended to 6 months without a permit and no further extensions are allowed.
Disclaimer: In the event of any discrepancy between this information and Alberta Employment Standards legislation, the legislation is considered correct.