- Permits issued prior to January 1, 2018 will continue to be valid until the earlier of:
- January 1, 2019
- date of expiry stated on the permit
- Most permits are now called variances - aside from youth employment permits
- If permit holders want to apply for a variance, they’re encouraged to start the application process well in advance of the expiry of their permit
- Overtime banking extension permits are no longer issued.
- The banking period has been extended to 6 months without a permit and no further extensions are allowed.
Disclaimer: In the event of any discrepancy between this information and Alberta Employment Standards legislation, the legislation is considered correct.
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.
You will not receive a reply. Submissions that include telephone numbers, addresses, or emails will be removed.