As of November 30, 2018, Code of Practice notices under the Water Act are required to be submitted online in the Environmental Approvals System (EAS) OneStop system.
As of January 18, 2019, all new Water Act approvals applications and approval amendments applications are required to be submitted online in the EAS OneStop system.
Training is being offered to assist applicants with this change. Please visit the Eventbrite website for details:
The EAS OneStop system is a risk based, data driven application system for approvals, approval amendments and Code of Practice notices under the Water Act.
This is the first deliverable in the Government of Alberta’s transformation of environmental approvals where we are focused on improving effectiveness, efficiency and service to Albertans.
In the future, the system will integrate and manage Water Act, Public Lands Act and Environmental Protection and Enhancement Act authorizations over their entire lifecycle.
How to access EAS OneStop
Step 1: Create an account
A valid MyAlberta Digital ID (MADI) or MyAlberta Digital ID for Business (MADI-B) account is required. Individuals submitting an application require a MADI account.
If you are applying on behalf of a business or organization, a MADI-B account is required. The administrator(s) for a MADI-B account will send invitations to other staff of the organization in order to add them under the MADI-B account.
Once your MADI or MADI-B account has been obtained, you must log in to EAS OneStop at least once to activate your MADI or MADI-B account. This is required before an application or notice can be submitted or before a representative can be assigned to submit on your behalf.
Step 2. Log in to EAS OneStop
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
Please note: Mobile browsers are currently not supported.
Quick reference guides
Reference guides provide step-by-step instructions to assist with submitting approvals, approval amendments and Code of Practice notices under the Water Act.
- Initiate new Water Act application – General application (PDF, 274 KB)
- Initiate new Water Act application – Wetland disturbance (PDF, 420 KB)
- Initiate new Water Act application – Flood control (PDF, 217 KB)
- Initiate new Water Act application – Drainage (PDF, 189 KB)
- Initiate new Water Act application – Excavation (PDF, 143 KB)
- Initiate new Water Act application – Dam (PDF, 170 KB)
- Initiate new Water Act amendment application (PDF, 119 KB)
- Initiate new Water Act Code of Practice notice (PDF, 96 KB)
- Import Digital Spatial Data into OneStop (PDF, 180 KB)
For technical support with the EAS OneStop system, please email email@example.com.