Alberta Environment and Parks:
- works to protect and enhance Alberta’s environment and ecosystems to ensure a sustainable future, making life better for Albertans
- works with Albertans, Indigenous communities and stakeholders to ensure the province’s environmental, social and economic outcomes for the future are met
- engages Albertans to understand the challenges in ensuring Alberta’s natural resources are managed using innovative and responsible approaches
- Environment and Parks blog
- List of public agencies
- Media inquiries
- Ministry staff directory
- Personal information bank directories
- Telephone directory by community
Chronic Wasting Disease – Updates
Alberta’s 2019-2020 Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD) surveillance program is underway.
Living in bear country
Bears are more active in the Fall as they prepare for hibernation. Be safe when living, working or travelling in bear country.
Public land and trail closures
Review the latest public land and trail closures taking place in Alberta.
- Apr 05, 2020
Environment and Parks Minister Jason Nixon issued the following statement on National Wildlife Week, April 5-11:
- Apr 01, 2020
Alberta’s 2020 sport fishing regulations include additional opportunities for recreational fishing and are now available online and in hard copy form.
- Mar 31, 2020
Government is proposing three key pieces of legislation to protect Albertans while continuing the fight against COVID-19.