Alberta Environment and Parks:
- works to protect and enhance Alberta’s environment and ecosystems to ensure a sustainable future, making life better for Albertans
- works with Albertans, Indigenous communities and stakeholders to ensure the province’s environmental, social and economic outcomes for the future are met
- engages Albertans to understand the challenges in ensuring Alberta’s natural resources are managed using innovative and responsible approaches
- Environment and Parks blog
- List of public agencies
- Media inquiries
- Ministry staff directory
- Personal information bank directories
- Telephone directory by community
Alberta river conditions and advisories
Visit the Alberta River Basins website for current advisories on watercourses throughout the province.
Bears and outdoor recreation
Advice for anglers, campers, hikers and mountain bikers on how to stay safe in bear country.
Everyone transporting a watercraft must report to an inspection station to check for aquatic invasive species.
- Dec 23, 2020
Avalanche Canada, in partnership with Parks Canada and Kananaskis Country, has issued a special public avalanche warning for much of Western Canada.
- Dec 22, 2020
Alberta’s government has secured or maintained partnerships for 170 parks and public recreation area sites across the province under a model that began in 1932.
- Dec 17, 2020
Alberta is improving the way it manages its freshwater fisheries to reduce red tape and better support world-class fishing experiences.