Discover more about Alberta’s air quality, air quality measurements and how it is affected by natural and human sources
Provincial park locations, recreational opportunities and information for visitors.
Greenhouse gas emissions management and reduction, climate change legislation, and climate change action planning.
Environmental Impact Assessments (EIAs) and other approvals processes.
Information, regulations and legislation on fish and wildlife species and management in Alberta.
Programs that deal with land management, development and consultations in Alberta.
Fishing, boating, hunting, trapping, wildlife viewing, and recreation on public and agricultural land.
Waste reduction and management in Alberta.
Strict rules are in place to protect the quality of water in Alberta, one of the province’s most important resources.
A plan for jobs and the economy.
Bill 16 will modernize the grazing disposition fee framework to ensure Alberta’s ranching industry remains successful and sustainable.
Chronic Wasting Disease – Updates
Alberta’s 2019-2020 Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD) surveillance program is underway.
Living in bear country
Bears are more active in the Fall as they prepare for hibernation. Be safe when living, working or travelling in bear country.
Public land and trail closures
Review the latest public land and trail closures taking place in Alberta.
Alberta Environment and Parks:
- works to protect and enhance Alberta’s environment and ecosystems to ensure a sustainable future, making life better for Albertans
- works with Albertans, Indigenous communities and stakeholders to ensure the province’s environmental, social and economic outcomes for the future are met
- engages Albertans to understand the challenges in ensuring Alberta’s natural resources are managed using innovative and responsible approaches
- Environment and Parks blog
- List of public agencies
- Media inquiries
- Ministry staff directory
- Personal information bank directories
- Telephone directory by community
- Nov 15, 2019
A new government report reveals the damaging impacts of the former government’s carbon tax.
- Nov 08, 2019
Provincial funding for high-priority flood-resilience projects in Calgary and other communities will help keep families, property and infrastructure safe.
- Nov 04, 2019
Alberta’s three sub-regional caribou task forces took an important first step toward fulfilling their mandate to support caribou recovery while protecting jobs.