COVID-19 Updates: State of public health emergency declared.
Alberta Environment and Parks:
- works to protect and enhance Alberta’s environment and ecosystems to ensure a sustainable future, making life better for Albertans
- works with Albertans, Indigenous communities and stakeholders to ensure the province’s environmental, social and economic outcomes for the future are met
- engages Albertans to understand the challenges in ensuring Alberta’s natural resources are managed using innovative and responsible approaches
- Environment and Parks blog
- List of public agencies
- Media inquiries
- Ministry staff directory
- Personal information bank directories
- Telephone directory by community
Alberta’s budget is focused on protecting lives and livelihoods, investing in health care, preparing for recovery and spending responsibly.
Alberta river conditions and advisories
Visit the Alberta River Basins website for current advisories on watercourses throughout the province.
Bears and outdoor recreation
Advice for anglers, campers, hikers and mountain bikers on how to stay safe in bear country.
Everyone transporting a watercraft must report to an inspection station to check for aquatic invasive species.
- Sep 18, 2021
Environment and Parks Minister Jason Nixon issued the following statement on National Hunting, Trapping and Fishing Heritage Day:
- Sep 09, 2021
New funding for the Pheasants Forever Calgary chapter will help protect wildlife habitat along public rights-of-way on rural roads. Alberta’s Recovery Plan is building a healthier, stronger, more biologically diverse environment for the benefit of all Albertans.
- Sep 01, 2021
Alberta’s government is helping everyday Albertans by launching a new web-based service to provide Albertans with free and direct access to environmental enforcement history records.