The NEET Program will provide funding to help non-profit organizations determine how efficient their current lighting, heating, cooling and hot water systems are, and explore efficiency opportunities to reduce energy use and costs.
Once equipped with audit information, organizations can then take advantage of other Energy Efficiency Alberta programs.
How to apply
Due to full subscription, applications are now closed.
Thank you to all organizations that submitted an Expression of Interest form. Organizations will be contacted within 30 days following the assessment of Expressions of Interest for program eligibility and suitability.
Completion of the Expression of Interest does not guarantee funding, and further information may be requested. Referrals to similar funding programs, such as Take Action to Manage Energy (TAME), will be made where appropriate.
- The amount of funding provided to each organization is dependent on the size of the building area and scope of the work undertaken.
- Funding will be capped at $10,000 per organization.
- Funding is available on a first come, first serve basis.
To be eligible, organizations must be incorporated, and in good standing under one of the following Acts:
- Societies Act of Alberta
- Agriculture Societies Act
- Companies Act, Part 9 (Non-profit companies)
- Canada Not-for-profit Corporations Act and must be registered in Alberta under the federal Business Corporations Act
All facilities included in the EOI must be owned by the applicant and located in Alberta.
Applicants who have already received funding for an energy efficiency audit through other programs funded by the Government of Alberta are not eligible for the NEET Program.
For more information about the NEET Program, please contact: