- New mandatory public health measures in effect April 6.
- Vaccines open now: Everyone 55+. Many 16+ with health conditions.
When an ambulance, fire or police emergency vehicle is approaching from any direction and is sounding a siren, you must yield the right-of-way.
- Safely move your vehicle to allow the emergency vehicle passage.
- Drive as closely as possible to the right curb or edge of a 2-way roadway.
- Move right or left to the nearest curb on 1-way streets.
- Stop until the emergency vehicle has passed. Check that no other emergency vehicles are approaching.
If you see a vehicle with flashing green lights, treat it like any other emergency vehicle. In some municipalities, volunteer fire fighters use flashing green lights on their emergency response vehicles when responding to a fire or other emergencies.