COVID-19 Updates: Taking steps to return to normal.
Only eligible students will have access to online emergency management courses. To access free, online courses, you must demonstrate you are a member of our primary training audience.
Primary training audience
- municipal employees designated with a municipal emergency management role under the Emergency Management Act, including volunteer firefighters
- Government of Alberta employees with a role in emergency management, consequence management, or business continuity
- Non-government organizations (NGOs) who are members of the NGO Council of Alberta
- volunteers with search and rescue teams (submit proof of membership)
- RCMP members based in Alberta detachments
- Members of the Canadian Armed Forces (with proof of their supervisor’s approval) and based in Alberta only
Non-primary students will no longer have access to online emergency management courses.
Non-primary training audience
- anyone who lives outside of Alberta
- NGOs that are not members of the NGO Council of Alberta
- private businesses, private industries or individuals unaffiliated with any government organization
- Alberta advanced education students in emergency management programs
- public sector employees who do not have a direct role in Alberta’s emergency management system
How to register for AEMA online training
Enrol for an online course by sending an email to [email protected] to establish your eligibility and identify which course(s) you need to take. Submit proof of your affiliation with your agency when submitting a training request.
Examples of proof of affiliation include:
- sending an email directly from your official employer or organization’s email address
- attaching an email or letter from your employer or organization proving your association.
Enrolment requests can take up to 5 business days to process.
Go to Course catalogue for a description of each course.
Connect with Alberta Emergency Management Agency Training:
Hours: 8:15 am to 4:30 pm (open Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)
Email: [email protected]
Was this page helpful?
You will not receive a reply. Do not enter any personal information such as telephone numbers, addresses, or emails.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.