The 2020 Emergency Management Stakeholder Summit offered by NAIT is scheduled for February 19 and 20.
The Alberta Emergency Management Agency, in partnership with other organizations, host a variety of emergency management conferences, workshops, seminars and consultations across the province to help educate, prepare and engage Albertans.
These important opportunities provide a platform for the professional development of the emergency management sector.
Emergency Management Amendment Act engagement
The Alberta Emergency Management Framework Review report provides a summary of the engagement session’s activities and the input we received.
2020 Emergency Management Stakeholder Summit
The Emergency Management Stakeholder Summit is an important professional development opportunity that inspires disaster and emergency management partners with thought-provoking ideas. It also serves as a platform to build and strengthen relationships with your emergency management partners across our province.
We are happy to announce this year’s Summit will be hosted by NAIT’s Centre for Applied Disaster and Emergency Management.
Dates: February 19 and 20, 2020
NAIT’s Productivity and Innovation Centre
10210 Princess Avenue NW
Edmonton, Alberta T5G 0Y2
Knowledge Exchange Forum: Sharing Lessons from Research on Alberta Wildfire
The University of Alberta’s School of Public Health is offering an event where researchers, community service providers and decision makers will come together to share lessons from research on the 2016 Alberta wildfire.
The event will be held on November 8 and 9, 2019 in Fort McMurray, Alberta.
For more information, please visit Knowledge Exchange Forum.
Event materials from past stakeholder summits are available below.
- Video: Summit 2018 – Thank You
- AEMA Achievement Award Recipients (PDF, 1.0 MB)
- Get to Know Our Keynote Speaker 2 (PDF, 125 KB)
- Pre-Summit event: disaster board games (PDF, 70 KB)
- Opioid session update and a Thank you to our sponsors (PDF, 222 KB)
- Pre-Summit Events (PDF, 142 KB)
- Summit program (PDF, 630 KB)
- Summit presentations (PDF, 788 KB)
- Get to Know Our Keynote Speaker (PDF, 228 KB)
- Five Reasons to Attend (PDF, 85 KB)
- 2016 AEMA Summit presentations (PDF, 112 KB)
- 2015 High Level wildfires (PDF, 12 MB)
- AEMA initiatives update (PDF, 444 KB)
- Alberta Summit – Jean Slick (PDF, 18.4 MB)
- Animal rescue – Why it matters (PDF, 5.25 MB)
- A Pragmatic Approach to Operating an Emergency Operations Centre (PDF, 6.03 MB)
- Community emergency management program (PDF, 4.46 MB)
- Critical incident stress management (PDF, 792 KB)
- Emergency management exercise (PDF, 740 KB)
- Emergency responder psychological wellness (PDF, 1.29 MB)
- Getting us to work together – Lessons from wild dogs (PDF, 1.58 MB)
- Making our communities more resilient (PDF, 340 KB)
- Learning the hard way –The evolution of emergency management (PDF, 7.52 MB)
- RCMP arson investigations in Alberta (PDF, 14.1 MB)
- Water shortage – November 2015 (PDF, 1.63 MB)
- Navigating the terrain to an emergency partnership (PDF, 1.11 MB)
- Alberta first responders radio communications system update (PDF, 876 KB)
- Amateur radio role in emergency communications (PDF, 428 KB)
- Aquatic invasive species Alberta approach to prevention and response (PDF, 11.9 MB)
- Capital ice (PDF, 1.42 MB)
- Developing situational awareness portraying a common operating picture (PDF, 1.48 MB)
- Emergency management in Alberta – Making communities more resilient (PDF, 2.06 MB)
- Emergency planning for livestock animals (PDF, 2.14 MB)
- Emergency planning – Lessons from High River 2013 flood (PDF, 5.06 MB)
- Evacuation of multiple institutions (PDF, 3.08 MB)
- Exercise – Design and evaluation (PDF, 632 KB)
- Incident management teams and regional partnerships (PDF, 952 KB)
- Public alerting (PDF, 1.71 MB)
- Risk reduction through community partnerships (PDF, 1.71 MB)
- Selected emerging themes in public health pandemic planning (PDF, 664 KB)
- Stress management in EOCs (PDF, 2.18 MB)
- Tassie fires (PDF, 3.51 MB)
- Jacqui Bannach National Sar Program (PDF, 1.89 MB)
- Keynote – Doug Mcmahon (PDF, 4.10 MB)
- Keynote – Slide deck (PDF, 3.06 MB)
- Ron Robinson – Response mitigation by innovation (PDF, 11.2 MB)
- Sara Shier – Social media strategies for emergency communications (PDF, 496 KB)
Connect with the Alberta Emergency Management Agency: