Status: Applications close June 5, 2020 at 5 pm
Ministry responsible: Community and Social Services
The spring flooding evacuation payment is meant to ease the costs of being away from your primary home due to a mandatory evacuation order.
It is one-time funding to help pay for immediate housing needs and day-to-day purchases such as groceries, gas, and more. It is not intended as income replacement.
Albertans who qualify will receive:
- $1,250 for each adult
- $500 for each child under 18
Evacuees can apply online for emergency evacuation payments for spring floods starting May 4, 2020. Residents of northern Alberta communities who are or were under a mandatory evacuation order due to floods are eligible.
Current eligible communities:
- MacKenzie County including Fort Vermillion Buttertown
- Rural Mackenzie County
- Fort McMurray Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo
- Garden River (Little Red River Cree Nation)
If your community is not listed above and it is under a mandatory evacuation order, please check back for updates.
You are not eligible if you:
- chose not to leave your primary home when it was under an evacuation order
- were living in a community that was not affected by an evacuation order
- own property in the evacuated communities but did not reside there when the evacuation was ordered
- evacuated from a community not under a mandatory evacuation order
- had your evacuation paid for by a government agency such as a supportive living facility (for example, a seniors lodge, nursing home, extended care facility or temporary shelter)
- had your evacuation paid for by your employer
How to apply
Step 1. Have identification ready
You will need identification for each adult and child under 18 year of age.
- Adults need an Alberta issued driver’s licence or identification
- Children’s identification can include:
- Alberta Health numbers
- birth certificates
- Alberta identification cards
A personal email address and bank account are needed to receive the payment via Interac e-Transfer
Step 2. Apply online by June 5 at 5 pm
The online application system will help you through the application process.
- Review the eligibility criteria
- Sign in with MyAlberta Digital ID (MADI) or to create a MADI account using your personal email address.
- Once you verify your MADI account, you will receive a notification that an activation code will be coming in the mail.
- The activation code is not required to receive evacuation payments
- After you have signed in with your MADI account you will be returned to the Evacuation Payment System to complete and submit your application
After you apply
You will get an email confirmation after you submit your online application. Check your inbox and junk folder if you don’t get an email confirmation.
We will send you another email within 24 hours to let you know if you are approved or if you need to contact the Alberta Supports Contact Centre to provide more information.
If you need technical help with the online application, contact Service Alberta:
If you are unable to apply online, contact the Alberta Supports Contact Centre: