Alberta Education diplomas and certificates certify that the holder has successfully completed a prescribed program of instruction. A student who is awarded a diploma or certificate from the list below is a graduate.
This section outlines the requirements for being awarded the
- Alberta High School Diploma (English and Francophone)
- Certificate of High School Achievement (English and Francophone)
- Certificate of School Completion
- Alberta High School Diploma as a Mature Student
- High School Equivalency Diploma (by two options)
The possession of a diploma or certificate does not necessarily guarantee admission to a post-secondary institution. Students should be advised to check the calendars of post-secondary institutions for admission requirements.