COVID-19 Updates: Protecting Albertans from the Omicron variant.
After each semester or school year, students shall be awarded credits by Alberta Education on the recommendation of the principal, subject to the following ministry requirements:
- Instruction is the responsibility of qualified teachers holding valid Alberta teaching certificates.
- Students in all senior high schools have access to a minimum of 1000 hours of instruction per school year, as outlined in the Program Planning – Senior High School section.
- The content of each course follows that outlined in the senior high school programs of study.
- The senior high school is operating in accordance with the Guide to Education: ECS to Grade 12.
- Student assessment is carried out in accordance with school authority policy and is consistent with the Student Assessment Policy.
- School-awarded marks in diploma examination courses and final marks in all other senior high school courses are endorsed by the principal in accordance with school authority requirements. School-awarded marks are subsequently submitted to Alberta Education for recording at a time and in a manner determined by the Minister.